Review of the Dr. Infrared Heater DR-999, 1500 Watt Nightstand quartz infrared heater!
Dr. Heater, USA has an established a reputation for producing some of the best infrared heaters in the industry. Year after year the time-tested familiar dr968 model has become synonymous with the word “infrared heater.”
The NEW Dr. Infrared Heater DR-999, 1500 Watt Nightstand quartz infrared heater seems to be on the same road.
It features the same Dual heating system as the dr968. It utilizes an Infrared Quartz Heating Element that produces the soft moist heat that makes infrared heat so desirable. A PTC Ceramic Heating Element is used to significantly increase the heat output.
Dr. Heater USA claims it produces 60% more heat than other 1500 Watt quartz infrared heaters. Since there are literally dozens of other quartz infrared heater models on the market to compare it too it would be difficult to dispute that claim.
What I can say is my own personal Dr. Heater dr-968 that utilizes the same heating system has amazing heat output!
The most unique feature of this Dr. Heater quartz infrared heater is the Nightstand-Style cabinet. The Cherry Finish furniture-grade wood cabinet is top notch! Instead of taking up additional floor space this Dr. Heater model is intended to take the place of your Nightstand or it can be located any place in the room.
I would caution you to make sure you allow adequate space between the back of the heater cabinet to allow for unrestricted cool air intake. Tip: Be sure and read the Owner’s Manual to avoid any problems.
The other unique feature that is different from the dr968 Dr. Infrared Heater is the controls on the panel which features a dial instead of up/down buttons for the adjustable thermostat temperature setting 50 to 86 deg. F. and timer.
My experience with the Dr. Heater dr968 model is the Thermostat maintains the heat setting very accurately compared to some other quartz infrared heater models reviewed.
FEATURES of the NEW Dr. Infrared Heater DR-999, 1500 Watt
- Furniture-Grade Cherry Finish made in the USA wood cabinet
- Push Button Mode and Power Buttons
- 3 Heat Settings – Low, High, and Auto
- Dual Heat System for maximum Heat Output of approximately 5200 btu’s
- Lifetime cleanable Filter
- Quiet 39db ball bearing high pressure Blower
- Dial Control for Temperature and Timer settings
- IR Wireless Remote Control
- 17” Height x 12 ½ Width x 13” Depth. Weight: 25 pounds
- 6 Foot power cord with standard 3 prongs. 12.5 Amps, 1500 Watts, approx.. 5200 btu’s
- Tip-Over and Overheat Protection Safety System
- Heater stays Cool to the touch
- 3 Year U.S.A. Warranty